- White Dwarfs Observed Turning into Crystals | Astronomy Sci-News.com
- Our Sun Could One Day Turn Into a Crystal Ball Gizmodo
- When the Sun Dies, A Giant Crystal Will Take Its Place Popular Mechanics
- The sun will turn into a crystal and could wipe out all life in the solar system Metro.co.uk
- Thousands of stars, including the sun, will turn into huge crystals CNET
- View full coverage on Google News
Astronomers using ESA’s galaxy-mapping spacecraft Gaia have discovered the first direct evidence that white dwarfs form crystal cores of metallic oxygen and carbon.
At the end of its life, our Sun could end up as a crystal—and physicists now have observational evidence to back up that theory.
After the sun engulfs Mercury, Venus, and Earth, it will shrink into an unimaginably dense crystal ball.
Will humanity survive long enough to witness the grim end of our beloved star?
Long after it's murdered everything we've ever known, our star will become a delicate floating beauty.